Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ledig Dag!

Day Off!

Kevin had a nice day off last week since he was injured and not playing he didn't have to go to the away game with the team. Which I enjoyed just spending the day with him! We wanted to go somewhere nice and take the train to go site seeing but the weather was just not allowing that for us, so we ended up just gong to Växjö, got some sushi, checked out some new stores I have never seen, and just walked around, and checked out the church. It rained for about a month straight here and Sweden and just started being sunny this week. There was nothing but a thick gray dark cloud hovering over where we lived and I really missed seeing the stars at night! I love star gazing! It just reminds me of how beautiful they were last year when we lived in Italy! This last weekend in Tingsryd was the first time I noticed the stars since I've been here! I knew it was going to be a good week! and it definitely has turned out to be!


The Sushi restaurant in Växjö! It was actually very good!




Pre-fixed lunch menus! The salmon was dynamite!





The Swedish Krona! The most confusing money I have ever came across in my life! When things that are marked 100 SEK when that converts to 14 USD it gets confusing! Everything is also so expensive here in Sweden and even looks more expensive because the rate is so much higher!  The Krona has been the currency of Sweden since 1873. One krona is subdivided into 100 öre. Coins come in 1 and 2 (copper-plated steel) and 5 (nordic gold). Banknotes come in 20 (purple), 50 (orange), 100 (blue), 200 (green), 500 (red), and 1000 (brown). Banknotes get larger in size as they are increased in currency. 


The first cool store I found and really liked!


Homemade painted colorful pottery!


Bright printed throw pillows!



Everything reminded me of one of my favorite stores back home- Anthropologie!


So small, cute and quaint!


Pretty door!


The next cool store I found and liked!


Love the huge coffee mugs! I want!





Huge bean bag chair! Kevin like it!



The beautiful church at Växjö









The Sky was glowing pink! Kevin and I are so bored at night that we go for walks even if its raining!






 Sending Swedish Postcards to my loves at home! :)

Swedish Word of the Day:
Adjö ("I-your") Meaning Goodbye

Goodbye you ask? Well we are leaving Sweden and onto our next Adventure in Europe! Suns out for once and we are on our way out the door! Long next 24 hours of traveling ahead of us! Can't wait to be at our new home!

PEACE & LOVE,
Kevin & Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment