Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Addio Detroit!

Goodbye Detroit!
New Hockey Season has arrived! I am Back!

So I have not blogged since April and I'm really feeling like I need to start getting back into it! A lot of big exciting things have happened this summer and I am going to have to do posts on them! Stay tuned!
Milo and I made it safely to Asiago, Italy on September 17th and now we are almost settled in completely. We finally got our WiFi hooked up last week and our car 2 days ago, which we had to ride down the mountain for 45 minutes to pick it up at the dealership and after 10 tornanti's I have never felt so car sick in my life! Luckily it's a lot easier going back up! Lately we have been filling our days with taking Milo on lots of walks on the beautiful country side (He loves the chickens and horses), going out for caffè, taking advantage of siesta, catching up on our shows, grocery shopping (yes going to the grocery store is a big event here), and cooking all of our meals at home and getting very experimental in the kitchen! 

Before I left home I had a nice going away dinner at MEX in Bloomfield Hills, MI (new very trendy designed restaurant) with my beautiful bridesmaids and some of us went out to Royal Oak afterwards one last time together till next Summer! It was very nice that we were all able to get together!




I also had to stop by Alex's to say bye-bye to him, Michelle, Alyssa, and my adorable nephew! He's the coolest kid in the world! He's going to be so much bigger the next time I see him! Wish I was there to see him grow! And so adorable as our Ring Bearer next Summer! Like his new outfit we picked out for fall!?




My dad was traveling for work right before I left. :( Miss him!

My mom and I went out to dinner the night before I left for some good ole' American food! Burgers, fries, Mac N' Cheese, and Beers!


Traveling in the airport was not easy with a puppy, 2 bags, hockey sticks and a carry-on. But we were both so happy when we saw Kevin in Venice! :)


In Hockey News:
Kevin has had 3 games so far in the season! 
The first one was away in Milan and they won 5 to 3! Kevin had 2 assists! Some of Kevin's family (His mom's cousins) that he has never met before live in Milan and they came to watch the game, which was very nice! He got to talk to them for 10 minutes afterwards and of course they want us to come visit them! Entertaining guests is an important part of the Italian Culture and you will never go to an Italian's house without being served something to eat and drink :)

The second game was the home opener last Thursday so I got to go! It was against Fassa and Asiago won 8 to 4! Kevin had 1 goal and 2 assists! Heres a peek of the rink!


The third game was away last Saturday against Vipiteno and they lost 4 to 3.. :( Kevin had 1 goal! It's okay they will get them next time!

Their next game is home tomorrow night against Valpellice! Some of Kevin's former teammates from when he played on Pontebba and friends are on that team Brian Ihnacak, Slavomir Tomko, Patrick Rizzo and Paolo Nicolao. If you would like to follow the game through the live ticker on Pointstreak follow this link tomorrow at 8:30 PM Central European Time (2:30 PM Eastern Standard Time) : Asiago vs. Valpellice Game Good luck tomorrow night Asiago Lions! :)

Italian Words of the Day:
Amico meaning Friend
Famiglia meaning Family

peace & love,
K . A . M

No comments:

Post a Comment