I wouldn't say this is the most healthy option! But it is soo good! and must be healthier when you make it yourself! ;) Kevin's favorite thing to get at a Chinese restaurant back in the Metro Detroit area is Almond Boneless Chicken! It's funny that I found this is a Detroit recipe when researching it on the internet! In other parts of the world they will have Almond Chicken on the recipe not Almond Boneless Chicken. Almond Chicken is just a stir fry of veggies, chicken breast,and actual almonds! We ordered it at the Chinese restaurant in Slovenia and it was actually really good! But I'm here to give you the recipe for Detroit's own deep fried Almond Boneless Chicken! Kevin didn't think we could do it but we did!
2 Chicken Breast
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Dry Sherry
4 Tablespoons Cornstarch
3 Tablespoons Butter
3 Tablespoons Water
3 Cups Chicken Broth
1 1/2 Cups Chopped Mushroom
2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
3 Tablespoons Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon Water
Vegetable Oil for frying
Almonds on top
1. Butterfly chicken, cover each side with salt and place in Dry Sherry for 10 minutes.
2. Prepare sauce in a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in cornstarch to make a roux.
2. Gradually stir in water and chicken broth.
3. Then stir in mushrooms, soy sauce, almond extract, and bouillon cube.
4. Prepare batter: beat together cornstarch, flour, baking powder, egg, and water.
5. Coat each piece of chicken with batter.
6. Pour vegetable oil into a large skillet or wok to the depth of 1/2 inch; heat to 375 degrees.
7. Cook coated chicken pieces on each side, flipping once until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
8. Cut chicken into strips.
9. Place chicken on a bed of lettuce, with the sauce, and chopped almonds on top.
PEACE & LOVE,
Kevin & Amanda