Sunday, December 23, 2012

Egg Strata!

So ever since I can remember my mom has always made this strata every Christmas morning! One of my favorite and most delicious family traditions! We all love it! Give it a try if you are looking for something to make this Christmas morning! :) Definitely missing home and the family this holiday! I made it for Kevin recently too and I think he really enjoyed it! Only problem was a lot of the ingredients are only available back home, so I had to get a little creative! But I think in the end it tasted very similar to my moms strata! My moms recipe is below! *The important thing to remember is that you must prepare this the night before, refrigerate all night, and bake Christmas morning!



Strata Recipe

Ingredients:
1 Roll Bob Evans Sausage browned & drained
7 eggs beaten
3 cups milk
2 Tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 bag frozen shredded hash browns (thawed)
10 slices bread (crust cut off and cubed)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons basil

Directions:
1. Beat eggs, milk, salt, basil and flour in large bowl. 
2. Brown and drain sausage then add to mixture.
3. Cut 10 slices of bread into cubes (cut off crust) then add to mixture.
4. Thaw shredded hash browns and add to mixture.
5. Add the cheese to mixture.  
6. Put in 13" x 9" pan cover in foil.
7. Refrigerate overnight.  
8. Bake 350 degrees Fahrenheit about 1 hour or when knife comes out clean.
9. Enjoy with your family!
10. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Slovenian Word of the Day:
Jajce meaning Egg

PEACE & LOVE,
Kevin & Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment